[mythtv-users] Clash between Analog and Digital lineups?

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Tue Sep 4 23:56:31 UTC 2007

Any ideas on this?  I can't get any channels at all here, and I'd hate to think that I put together a $700 MP3 Player and News Reader (and Weather viewer too, but since that's still broke, I suppose I can't count that ;-) )

I keep reading about all of these great success stories ("My recordings worked great first time out"; "my channels were scanned without incident", etc.), but sadly, I'm not one of them.  I'm just very frustrated since I know it can be done, but for the life of me, I can't get this damn thing working at all.  I'm not in any big rush, as I still have my Comcast DVR, but I'd eventually like to dump that if I find that my DVR needs are taken care of by Myth.

Thanks,
Harry

From: lifter89 at comcast.net (Harry Devine)

I have something that's puzzling me, and I'm sure it just my not understanding Myth all that much, as I've been at it for a little over a month now (total).  I live in Southern New Jersey and have Comcast.  I switched over to the SD update last week, and setup 2 lineups with SD:  one for Standard cable and one for Digital cable.

When I look in my Program Guide, both on my Myth box and on my MythWeb interface, most of the listings show "No Data", while others have data, but many of the channels are wrong.  Here's an example:  our local NBC affiliate is on Channel 4 (i.e. I have to tune to channel 4 on my STB) and they call themselves TV40.  So, I have listings for them at BOTH channel 4 AND channel 40 (but Channel 40 is the Golf Channel, which is nowhere to be found via SD).  The same goes for our Fox affiliate (physically @ channel 5; call letters are "FOX29", so I see them at 5 AND 29).  Also, most of Comcast's HD block are in the 200 channel range (ABC is 231; NBC is 232, etc.), but most of the HD channels are all over the place, such as 101, etc.

It appears like maybe I have some stuff left over from the DD schedules in the transition to SD.  Would I have to clear out the database somehow and re-scan/re-fetch the channel listings?

Thanks,
Harry