[mythtv-users] RH/F7 Missing Dependency problem

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Tue Sep 4 23:02:28 UTC 2007

Sorry, but this misses my point. I have no apt-get (my debian machine does though).
I asked how to tell 'yum' to do the right thing. I know how to build from sources,
heck I can even write a new application :-)

Seriously, my question boils down to
	is the RH/F7 distro broken ATM (missing packages)?
or
	am I using 'yum' the wrong way - what is the right way?

As an aside, I had no problem installing just mythtv-frontend in the past, and have no
desire to install the backend, which will probably install and configure an init script
to start the server and whatnot. mythtv is a client/server system (well, a very crude
and badly designed c/s model*) and separate packages for the two is a reasonable
expectation.

Thanks

* OT: it is wrong to require the client to access to the database.

Eyal Lebedinsky	(eyal at eyal.emu.id.au)