[mythtv-users] Audio buffer under run possible problem

James Telfer jameswtelfer at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 4 21:10:19 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm running mythtv on a Via EPIA MII board, and am having issues with
AC3/DTS passthrough via the coaxial output.  I can set the output device to
ALSA:spdif and enable the pasthrough options, but I get very broken sound at
the receiver, which constantly loses then regains lock to the incoming
stream.  When running from a console I noticed myth was outputting error
messages about audio buffer under runs, is this likely to cause the observed
behaviour?  If so what is likely to fix the problem?