[mythtv-users] MythTv can't see mixer device?

Nicolas Riendeau knightr at istop.com
Tue Sep 4 16:33:38 UTC 2007

Hi!

I'm currently trying to track down the source of a low frequency noise (sounds like a
  soft "boom" that sometimes gets louder doesn't always occur at the same frequency).

I noticed in my logs that I have the following error.

AudioOutput Warning: Mixer attach error -2: No such file or directory
                         Check Mixer Name in Setup: '/dev/mixer'

Permissions seemed ok and I even changed them to make them even more permissive but
nothing seems to work...

This is with trunk and FC7 (I had the same low frequency noise with FC6 though...)

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you!

Nick

PS: It could be something very simple as I am not used to playing with multimedia
stuff with Linux as I usually use Linux for mail, file & dns servers...