[mythtv-users] Slow MySQL query after delete

Victor Perez spectro at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 15:59:12 UTC 2007

On 9/4/07, Victor Perez <spectro at gmail.com> wrote:

> IMHO the query is pretty quick but (at least in my case) returns a whole
> lot of information. I got 1168 rows back in 4 seconds but the data makes a
> 421K file. In my opinion the delay is from mythtv parsing through this huge
> dataset so we would need to find out why does it need that much information
> back on each row, program's primary key should be enough for mythtv to find
> the next program to record.

replying to myself, after a quick peek at the sources (scheduler.cpp) it
seems they are actually loading the whole thing in memory, so in my case the
backend loads 500K of crap in memory every time I delete something. I am
going to check if there are better ways to do this and if there is a
developer already working on it.

/me signs up to mythtv-dev mail list