[mythtv-users] Radio Times missing all stations (as far as I can tell)

James Cummings cummings.james at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 14:38:18 UTC 2007

On 9/4/07, David Watkins <watkinshome at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 04/09/07, Robin Neatherway <robthebob at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > eeek! -
> > >
> > > I have had a look and the channels.dat is empty......
> >
> > Just to confirm - same here... ouch
>
> I'm not sure it this is relevant, but as a heads up - there is (or
> was) a bug in tv_grab_uk_rt which meant that when it is run *not*
> inside a terminal window (eg run from cron (or possibly mythtv) then
> tv_grab_uk_rt doesn't append the <\tv> to the end of its output, and
> mythfilldatabase chokes on the xmltv data, producing the "no programs
> found in data" error message.
>
> Maybe this bug has just appeared in the packaged version of xmltv?
>

> http://www.nabble.com/--xmltv-Bugs-1767747---uk_rt-fails-when-not-in-a-terminal-t4218340.html
>
> Apologies in advance if this is a red-herring.

Just to confirm what others were saying: for some part of yesterday and the
day before  at least, the channels.dat at radiotimes.com was blank/empty
...even though the channel files had data in them.  It now has data in it as
well.

 http://xmltv.radiotimes.com/xmltv/channels.dat

-James

--
James Cummings, Cummings dot James at GMail dot com