[mythtv-users] how do I use perl MythTV module

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Sep 3 17:13:39 UTC 2007

On 09/03/2007 12:41 PM, jack snodgrass wrote:
> Is there a 'simple' way to get a upcoming recordings list via a script?

You have to ask the running backend because it's not stored in any
persistent storage.

>  I looked
> at the contrib and perl stuff but didn't find one. MythWeb has a page
> for it, but
> I was hoping to avoid going the MythWeb route.

http://<backend_hostname>:6544/ and http://<backend_hostname>:6544/xml
are not MythWeb--they're built into the backend.  MythWeb just happens
to "proxy" the HTML page to make it easy to see (and nicely themed) in
MythWeb.

Mike