[mythtv-users] Mythcommflag --video - trying to add seek to mythvideos

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Sep 3 16:13:50 UTC 2007

On 09/03/2007 10:26 AM, Mike Perkins wrote:
> Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> Looks to me like it's 100% done and the segfaulting.  I'll bet you're
>> running QT 3.3.8 (which has a known bug that causes MythTV applications
>> to segfault on shutdown).  In this case, the segfault is unimportant
>> because it's not affecting "further processing."
>>
> - except when it's in a script such as gets used when you mytharchive something.
> The bad return from the program causes the (already long-winded) process to stop
> abruptly. I can usually rerun each section manually by cut'n pasting from the
> log, but it gets tedious.

Right.  But the case you described was running mythcommflag --video.
Had you said the word MythArchive, I would have told you that it won't
work until you fix QT.  That's specifically why I said, "In this
case,"--because I knew that in some other cases where further processing
is done by a scripted process it doesn't work.

Mike