[mythtv-users] Database problem, channel lists (Mandriva -> Ubuntu)

Bob Sully rcs at malibyte.net
Mon Sep 3 00:15:21 UTC 2007

Hi all:

This is a bit long, so please bear with me.  I'm going bald trying to get
this running, but I'm slowly getting there.

I have two distros installed on my main Myth box (BE/FE): Mandriva 2007.1
and Kubuntu 7.04.

Myth 0.20 is working fine on Mandriva, but it doesn't look like the
SchedulesDirect-specific updates for Mandriva are coming anytime soon, so
I went ahead and installed them on the Kubuntu side, since they have been
available.

I went ahead and played with it using the database that the Ubuntu
packages set up, and it seems to talk to SD just fine.  However...I didn't
want to lose everything and re-invent the wheel, so I backed up the
working database from the Mandriva side and restored it (using the
procedure outlined in the directions).

For a while I was having some headaches getting the backend to connect to
the restored database, but that appears resolved.

Now...I want to set up the capture cards (two pcHDTV 5500s).  I have read
the FAQ on the sd.org site about lineups and can set them up (I need three
different ones; the channels are the same as in my previous setup with
Zap2It).

MY QUESTION IS:
How do I use the channel data already in the database???

I do NOT want to rescan the QAM channels because it took me almost a week
of intermittent work converting them to match what's in the Datadirect
listings.  I assume that everything's already in the database as it was on
my Mandriva install?

ANY help here would be appreciated!
Thanks.