[mythtv-users] Help with SD switch, please on Ubuntu.

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Sep 2 18:35:10 UTC 2007

On 09/02/2007 01:47 PM, Mario Limonciello wrote:
> Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> On 09/02/2007 08:48 AM, Thomas Kessler wrote:
>>
>>> I also think I need to upgrade seeing there was no option on
>>> mythtv-setup for SD. I'll give the newest weekly build a go. Also do
>>> you know if mythweather has been fixed in these builds?
>>>
>> MythWeather is broken (by the data server) in all 0.20 releases (past,
>> and probably future).  It is being completely replaced with a whole
>> different MythWeather plugin.  It will almost definitely be available in
>> 0.21 (whenever that's released).
>>
> Actually, we have a workaround in the builds that uses weather.com
> instead.  It was posted to a ticket on trac some time back, but for some
> reason or another never applied to 0.20-fixes.

It wasn't applied for legal reasons.  See:

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/3327#comment:19
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/3327#comment:28
and
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/3303#comment:34

I didn't realize any of the distros were using it, but it's definitely
not in the releases (or 0.20-fixes SVN).

Mike