[mythtv-users] OT: 838 Mhz Transmitter

Michael Kurtz myth at friendz.de
Sun Sep 2 16:11:58 UTC 2007

Hi...

...does anyone know about transmitters that operate at a frequency of 838 Mhz
that can be connected to a PC ? What I have in mind is to use my
MythTV-machine to automate things like dimming the light and so on. Right now
I have got a seperate remote to do such things. Does anyone have an idea how
to implement such features efficiently? I just know complete home automation
systems( including transmitters and receivers) that can be controlled by a PC
but I want to avoid them because I already have several receivers working and
don't want to replace them.

Thanks in advance.

Michael