[mythtv-users] I don't want to use the frontend program (I don't think?)

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Sep 2 12:17:02 UTC 2007

On 09/02/2007 01:02 AM, Mark Levitt wrote:
> There is a Perl script named mythrename.pl that can create friendly
> names for the shows to make them easier to find. I think Mythweb can
> also be set up to launch mplayer when you click on a show, but I
> haven't gotten that to work.

But I /highly/ recommend you don't use it to rename recordings as it
creates problems (for the backend as well as the frontend) and is not
that well tested.  Instead, let MythTV use the filenames it chooses for
its files.  Then, use mythrename.pl --link to create a directory view of
nicely-named links to the recording files.  See
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/286647#286647 .

Mike