[mythtv-users] MythUbuntu

Dave Walker DaveWalker at ubuntu.com
Sat Sep 1 22:15:50 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-09-01 at 14:31 -0600, Edward Dunagin wrote:
> On 9/1/07, Edward Dunagin <edunagin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Dave,

> > > Hold off.. New release on it's way.. :D
> >
> > D/Ling Alpha 4 after this goes out.
>
> Problems with the download. Torrent is the only choice and  all it
> shows me is:  264189 2007-09-01 14:08 Alpha 4 i386 Torrent.torrent
>
> Justs hangs there with nothing else happening. Any ideas out there?

Hi Edward,

Demand for the ISO was huge, and the 'Direct Mirror' transferred >36Gb
in just a few hours.  For this reason, we had to remove the direct
download and only offer a Torrent.  There are some very fast seeders
(uploaders), including one which is based in the same datacentre as the
'Direct Download'.  Hopefully, over the weekend - we should be able to
resume some regional direct download mirrors.

You should be able to open the .torrent file in your favourite
bit-torrent client - If using ubuntu, just double clicking the file.

If you are unable to get this working, I can provide a direct link
off-list - feel free to email me.

Kind Regards,
Dave Walker