[mythtv-users] mythbackend looking for wrong ip address

G Venkataraman gvenkat at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 00:34:29 UTC 2007

On 10/30/07, Steve Peters - Priority Electronics <
steve at priorityelectronics.com> wrote:

> [...]

I have seen multiple copies of the mysql.txt file on my combined
frontend/backend system too. Fortunately for me, all of them are consistent.

Is it the case that when you interactively start mythbackend as root, it
looks for (and finds) the correct mysql.txt based on the $HOME environment
variable of the root user (/root/.mythtv/mysql.txt). And when mythbackend is
started as part of the system startup, there is no $HOME environment
variable set explicitly and hence it will not find the mysql.txt under the
root user or any other user's home directory. Consequently, it falls back to
the system/global mysql.txt (/usr/share/mythtv/mysql.txt), which in your
case had the incorrect IP address of the DB server.

-=Venkat=-