[mythtv-users] how to set up xorg.conf for overscan [update]

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Tue Oct 30 21:50:39 UTC 2007

An update on the situation. I switched to the 'nv' driver and with it I was allowed
to use, with good results, an unusual modeline of 1192x672:

# Driver mode "1280x720": 63.8 MHz, 44.3 kHz, 59.7 Hz
   Modeline "720p60" 63.75  1192 1328 1360 1440  672 723 728 741 +hsync -vsync

This was the default modeline for 1280x720 at 60 that the driver generated internally
with the visual trimmed down. The blanking is, naturally, ignored by the DVI interface.
Furthermore, I then reduced the whole timing down and got identical output, again
suggesting that blanking information has no effect.

But more importantly, the TV displayed this on the full screen properly. This
is what I needed. Unfortunately nv shows distorted colours in the highlight of
the mythtv image (colours are correct if the focus in on another window).

However, I could not get the 'nvidia' driver to accept the non-standard mode,
even when specifying all the possible options to disable EDID.

Eyal

--
Eyal Lebedinsky	(eyal at eyal.emu.id.au)