[mythtv-users] TV-Series DVDs

jedi at mishnet.org jedi at mishnet.org
Tue Oct 30 14:55:53 UTC 2007

> On Mon, 2007-10-29 at 09:33 -0500, Mike LaPlante wrote:
>> Nathan A. Smith wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > Reading the archives, I don't see any recent discussion of how people
>> > handle importing, separating, tagging, etc -- TV series DVDs.  Since
>> > IMDB doesn't see to have anything on these, and the mythvideo doesn't

imdb.com tracks these but is somewhat unreliable. imdb.pl is listed as
"broken" when it comes to tv shows but it's easy enough th "fix" so that
it will pull down tv information instead of movies.

A number of us have our own versions of imdb.pl for this purpose.

tv.com is much better but doesn't seem to be completely automatable.

...which reminds me. There are some columns missing from videometadata
that you can get from tv.com.

>> > seem to keep track of episodes; how do people manage these?  Just
>> > looking for some suggestions...
>> >

>> > Nasa
>> >
>> San is working on some big changes for MythVideo see this thread:
>>
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/291003#291003

I am not sure I like this approach. The series name should be a
single attribute, not a sort of free form multi-value attribute.
A good ripper should be able to sort out the series name from the
disc title rather than just throwing everything in one big pile.

Original disk info would be something handy to have in the database
too. Disc ID, Title (& track where appropriate).