[mythtv-users] Using DVR set top box

Alan Bromborsky abrombo at verizon.net
Tue Oct 30 12:14:24 UTC 2007

William Munson wrote:
> Alan Bromborsky wrote:
>
>> I have just gotten FIOS and have one Motorola DVR set top box.  What I
>> wish to do is to copy program from the DVR to my computer, edit them,
>> and copy the edited versions to DVD's automatically at night.  The
>> reason for this method is that I often wish to view a program in real
>> time while recording another (which the DVR set top box allows me to
>> do).  I wish to do the transfer at night since as far as I can tell the
>> set top box DVR will only output through the firewire port at a 1 to 1
>> speed.  I wish to do it automatically so that I don't have to manually
>> start the DVR playback each time I wish to transfer a recording to
>> MythTV.  Is their any hope of being able to do this using MythTV.
>>

> Sorry, no. However it will capture and record replacing your existing
> dvr but it will not burn to a disk automatically.

I was not clear.  I don't need to automatically burn a DVD, but can I
automatically download a tv program (under control of the IR blaster)
that the DVR set top box has already recorded has previously recorded.
I guess I am asking that under MythTV control can the IR blaster do more
that just set the set top box channel, but rather also control the
playing of material recorded by the set top box DVR.