[mythtv-users] Commercial Overlays

Garry Cook garrycook at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 05:34:43 UTC 2007

So, the overlays during shows are annoying enough, but tonight I saw
something new. During Heroes there was an overlay for a movie coming out
this week. I've never seen these for anything other than other shows on the
same network. I can see this becoming a replacement for commercials.
Imagine, instead of a 40 minute recording with annoying overlays before and
after the skipped commercials, an entire 60 minute recording with no
commercials, but constantly overlaid with ads that fux0r your suspension of
disbelief.

Is there anyway to remove these? Anyone working on it? Anything I can do to
help? These must be on a different 'signal' or something, right?