[mythtv-users] TV-Series DVDs

Kevin Hulse jedi at mishnet.org
Tue Oct 30 00:00:25 UTC 2007

On Mon, Oct 29, 2007 at 09:33:46AM -0500, Mike LaPlante wrote:
> Nathan A. Smith wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Reading the archives, I don't see any recent discussion of how people
> > handle importing, separating, tagging, etc -- TV series DVDs.  Since
> > IMDB doesn't see to have anything on these, and the mythvideo doesn't
> > seem to keep track of episodes; how do people manage these?  Just
> > looking for some suggestions...

	I have a number of shell scripts including a wrapper script
for my external player (xine) that tracks what the most recently
played episode is.

	With most DVD sets made from TV series you will see each
episode having it's own title. So you can extract each episode
individually by extracting it's corresponding track.

	I use lsdvd and myplayer for this. Anything over a certain
length gets tagged as important and get ripped.

	I've got another script for setting up the episode titles.

	This is the most time consuming part... data entry.