[mythtv-users] an interesting HD device

Dan Ritter dsr-myth at tao.merseine.nu
Mon Oct 29 14:36:38 UTC 2007

On Sun, Oct 28, 2007 at 05:00:14PM -0400, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 28, 2007 at 03:20:03PM -0400, Dan Ritter wrote:
> > http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS5620449448.html

> > hefty coprocessor for video, that has a Linux SDK and can
> > manage realtime 720P MPEG4 encoding. Large quantity price of
> > about $10, so a little box with USB, power supply and
> > appropriate analog I/O could be profitable around $100.
> >
> > That would make a very nice "connect to HD satellite box"
> > interface.
>
> If I've read and understood the blurb correctly, that device won't
> genlock to and decode analog video without extra (and probably pricey)
> components.

Like a TVP7002
(http://focus.ti.com/docs/prod/folders/print/tvp7002.html)
for $5.75 in quantity 1000?

-dsr- but really, I'll leave it to the hardware engineers.

--
Every time you give up a right, the terrorists win.
Tyranny is something that creeps up on you.

http://tao.merseine.nu:81/~dsr/eula.html is hereby incorporated by reference.