[mythtv-users] OT: Nokia N800 only $236 at Amazon

Meatwad meatwad.get.the.honeys at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 14:33:17 UTC 2007

Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 28, 2007 at 10:46:33PM -0600, Brian Wood wrote:
>> But everybody seems to want the latest and greatest body, and uses
>> what's left for glass.
>
> Well, on this point... I also have to agree with Ken: that's much more
> important in these days of digital than it was with film.  Ironically,
> F3s and F4s are *really* cheap these days.  <$500 cheap.  And they will
> be perfectly serviceable for roughly half of forever.

I'm still certain that the F2 body will be the one found by the
archaeologists in the year 2464. Don't know if it's UL or not but
there's a story of a photojournalist in the late 60's that happens upon
an African villiage that is camera-shy (Amish headhunters?) so he
quickly stows the camera and lenses in his waterskin for several days.
Air dried the body, added new battery and lens and he was shooting the
following week.

I'm still trying to locate an F2AS body in proper condition. The beat up
ones are selling for a few hundred US on the net but local offerings are
meager. Mint condition bodies /still/ get nearly 700 US.