[mythtv-users] Full HD MythTV

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Oct 29 02:00:52 UTC 2007

Bill Williamson wrote:
> On 10/28/07, Raphael <rpooser at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Milos might also stop to think that the types of Americans he can't
>> stand aren't generally going to be the ones able to set up and maintain
>> mythtv boxes and then come onto the US based mailing list to help him
>> out by answering questions. At least in my experience, the traits he
>> mentioned seem to be anti-correlated with intelligence...
>>

> Where is it stated that this is a US based list?
>
> Is this something I missed when signing up?

Just that the owner and the server are in the US, nothing more than
that. Pretty trivial really.

But I think I do see more discussion of NTSC than PAL (probably because
it causes more problems). Can't recall any SECAM discussion here :-)

In case any of you are not aware of the meaning of the acronyms:

NTSC - Never Twice the Same Color

SECAM - System Essentially Contrary to the American Method

PAL - Peace At Last

PAL-M - Pay A Little More

beww

beww