[mythtv-users] OT: X11vnc not accepting input [SOLVED]

Dewey Smolka dsmolka at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 20:19:27 UTC 2007

Turns out the answer was right in front of my nose but I didn't see it.

Note to self: Pay attention to the output of ./configure.

If I had been paying attention to the configure output I would have
noticed this:

  checking for XFixesGetCursorImage in -lXfixes... yes
  checking for XDamageQueryExtension in -lXdamage... yes
  configure: WARNING:
  A working build environment for the XTEST extension was not found (libXtst).
  An x11vnc built this way will be only barely usable.  You will be able to
  move the mouse but not click or type.  There can also be deadlocks if an
  application grabs the X server.

  It is recommended that you install the necessary development packages
  for XTEST (perhaps it is named something like libxtst-dev) and run
  configure again.

Turns out that Mythdora doesn't include this package (called
libXtst-devel on Fedora). Installed the package, recompiled x11vnc,
and now everything works fine.

Hope this helps if anyone else runs into the same problem.