[mythtv-users] Frontend - how to read recordings from NFS?

Mark Lehrer mark at knm.org
Sun Oct 28 16:56:36 UTC 2007

Hello there, I am setting up a 2nd frontend for the first time.

My current frontend/backend box has /var/lib/mythtv/recordings mounted
over NFS.  Therefore, I am trying to have mythfrontend read the recordings
over NFS instead of tripling the network traffic by having the backend
stream it.

How do I do this?  I mounted /var/lib/mythtv/recordings (read-only) on
the new frontend, but it is trying to stream it.  I did a verbose log
and it doesn't even appear to try to read the files locally.

Any idea what to try next?  I guess I can try a read/write mount, but
the mythtv uid's don't match so it will take a little bit of grunt
work.

Thanks,
Mark