[mythtv-users] Nvidia DPI 1080x540

Chris Ribe chrisribe at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 15:30:52 UTC 2007

Hello all,
      I am struggling to get my frontend to play video correctly on my new
TV.   It is a 1080i RPTV that I have working with a custom 1080x540
modeline.   When I playback recording or watch live TV, I get horizontally
squished video, as if myth believes there are square pixels.

I am running last weeks SVN, the most recent Nvidia drivers with a 7200GS
graphics card, and I have followed the instructions in several howtos on the
wiki, which have lead me to this xorg.conf  (edited to remove irrelevant
information):

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "7200GS"
        Driver          "nvidia"
        BusID           "PCI:2:0:0"
        Option  "NoBandWidthTest"       "true"
       Option  "UseEdidDpi"    "false"
       Option  "UseEDID"       "false"
       Option  "UseEdidFreqs"  "false"
Option  "ModeValidation"        "DFP-0: NoEdidModes,NoMaxPClkCheck,
NoVesaModes,
 AllowInterlacedModes,NoDFPNativeResolutionCheck, NoHorizSyncCheck,
NoVertRefres
hCheck"
        Option   "ExactModeTimingsDVI"   "true"
        Option          "UseFBDev"              "false"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier      "51S500"
        Option          "DPMS"
        DisplaySize     243.84 137.16
        HorizSync 15-46
        VertRefresh 59-61
       Modeline "720hitachi" 79.5 1920 2088 2142 2412 540 572 576 592 -hsync
-vs
ync
EndSection