[mythtv-users] how to set up xorg.conf for overscan

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Sun Oct 28 09:47:46 UTC 2007

Jay,

All modes use the full screen area on this TV, but this area does not seem to
contain 1280x720 pixels. Using the menus to shift the image one can easily see
that a sizable margin is not shown on all sides.

Some analog input allow me to adjust the position and size of the image (but
not the ones that matter - component).

Digital input does not allow size adjustment so you just lose the margins. And
you probably know that there is no reason to trim margins on digital input.

My complaint is about the digital input (I did say DVI, which means digital)
which the TV calls DVI/HDMI which is an HDMI socket.

BTW, by now I accepted that I was duped by LG, and got over it (not that I
do not mention that they lied when the subject comes up...). I will me much
more careful when I buy my next digital TV. This episode still amazes me in
how little one can trust what vendors say, even when they do it in big
letters all over the shop, the device and the instruction manual.

cheers
	Eyal

--
Eyal Lebedinsky	(eyal at eyal.emu.id.au)