[mythtv-users] OT: Nokia N800 only $236 at Amazon

Gary Dawes gary.dawes at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 21:43:09 UTC 2007

On 27/10/2007, Jay R. Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 27, 2007 at 03:08:57PM -0400, lanas wrote:
> > On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 14:52:14 -0400,
> > "Jay R. Ashworth" <jra at baylink.com> wrote :
> > > Well slap my mouth and call me Sally...
> >
> > >     http://www.amazon.com/Nokia-N800-Internet-Tablet-PC/dp/B000MK4GGM
> >
> > Out of curiosity, what would be the use for this device in a MythTV
> > system ?
>
> Well, among other things, you could use it as a front end, for, if
> nothing else, editing programs without tying up the main frontend.
>
> Though that would be much easier with the 810; see below.
>
> Mostly, it was that we were talking about them in a thread you're
> probably not reading, and I had a brain fart that that price was for
> the 810, which does have a keyboard, rather than the older 800, which
> does not.
>
> Cheers,
> -- jra
> --
> Jay R. Ashworth                   Baylink
> jra at baylink.com

I have mythtv, and a  nokia 770 (1st generation) and I use it all the time
with my myth box. I can use it to access mythweb to control the box. I also
VNC to the box from the 770, and can and do use ssh to access the box when
I  can't be arsed to use the laptop. The myth web remote can also be used on
the tablet to control the frontend

I also hacked the Ipod feed script so I could transcode recordings to watch
on the 770 via an RSS feed. Now though I have started using a new app called
media serv which presents a web page of recordings, and transcodes them
just-in-time for streaming to the 770. It will also stream mp3s, although I
use slimserver for that.

regards

Gaz