[mythtv-users] Fixed numbers for video devices

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Oct 27 04:06:20 UTC 2007

On 10/26/2007 05:33 PM, Nick Morrott wrote:
> On 26/10/2007, Jos Hoekstra <joshoekstra at gmx.net> wrote:
>
>> I've been using myth for quite a while now and I use it a lot with my
>> roommates. Recently I've stumbled on a problem which is partly a mythtv
>> problem.
>>
> Linux modules creating devices inconsistently is not a MythTV problem :)

Thank you!

Of course, you can always serialize the device creation process to
ensure devices are always itit'ed in the same order (after all, it's
simply a race condition that causes differences).  Only problem is the
10 minute boot time...  ;)  (OK, real boot time would be completely
dependent on the number of devices and how long each takes to init, but
it would be much greater than with the multi-process creation.)

Mike