[mythtv-users] RAID suggestions?

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 13:37:06 UTC 2007

On 10/25/07, Sean Goodpasture <goofygrin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > <snip>
> > > I don't write myth recordings to it, I use unRaid for my myth
> recordings.
> > > Check it out, it's free for just three drives, but you'll require
> another
> > > computer.
> > >

> >   andy ---
> >
> > unRaid - http://www.lime-technology.com
> >
> > very cool looking.  not sure how performant it would be if you were
> > actually recording to it, but looks like it would work nice for
> > archiving and other media.

>   sean ---
> I'm recording with three HD tuners via QAM with no issues...

really..?  cool.
so you just have the unRaid shares mounted by your backend?  does your
backend have any storage in it?  or does it just write directly to the
unRaid box?

i'm looking at splitting my combo fe/be and also increasing my
storage.  i don't have a problem adding two machines: dedicated be and
dedicated storage.
have you tried using a lesser powered machine than recommended with
the unRaid setup?