[mythtv-users] Dell dual-quad-core Xeon server for $779

Josh White jaw1959 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 19:16:44 UTC 2007

I'm not worried about the price point, I'm sure even at $36 I'm paying 10x
the manufacturing cost.  What I am worried about was the fact that the outer
layer of packaging was a cardboard box, then a layer of foam peanuts, then
bubble wrap, then a plasitc bag, and then the drive itself.  No asus box,
nothing.  No manual, wires, registration card, anything.  All I got was a
box that they threw some basic packaging materials in and a drive.  Like it
was just pulled out of a system they had lying around.  I guess that's
probably better packaging than dell receives at their assembly plants, but
still.  Not what I'm used to.