[mythtv-users] Dell dual-quad-core Xeon server for $779

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Oct 25 18:19:38 UTC 2007

Josh White wrote:

> On 10/25/07, *Brian Wood* <beww at beww.org <mailto:beww at beww.org>> wrote:

>     Their prices on hardware RAID add-ons aren't too bad either, but they
>     seem way high on the drives themselves.

> What PC maker isn't?

True enough. I guess some folks consider it worth the cost to be able to
deal with only one source. Personally I consider that dangerous.

The Dell Perc RAID controllers are pretty decent, but they seem to have
developed their own vocabulary for them.

I find it disturbing when my computer tells me I should "flush my
container" :-)

beww