[mythtv-users] RAID suggestions?

Paul Kidwell tmbomber at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 13:46:32 UTC 2007

On 10/25/07, Greg Arena <gma at gmadigitaldesign.com> wrote:
>         I just recently bought a trio of 500 GB SATA hard disks
> that I want to put together in a RAID 5 configuration for my
> MythTV box.

Last night I got my new RAID 5 up and running. I have a separate back
end PC thats just for network storage. It has four 500Gig SATA drives
for storage, an old 20Gig for system, and a 1000baseT network card
running http://www.freenas.org

(one note about FreeNAS. The manual is lagging the software a bit. To
install, download and burn the liveCD, select option 9 "install to
hard drive". The menu you're presented with next doesn't match the
manual. You want to select on of the "Embedded" options, not the full
installs.)