[mythtv-users] shutting down

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Oct 25 09:12:07 UTC 2007

victor rajewski wrote:
> On 10/21/07, Paul Harrison <mythtv at dsl.pipex.com> wrote:
>
>> It depends on what version of Myth you are using.
>>
>> The option to check for any recordings taking place was only added
>> fairly recently and is only available in the svn trunk version.
>>

> I'm a bit confused; If I give -s an argument it spits out an error at
> me. does -s 1 only work in newer versions, and in those versions, is
> it the default? I'm using mythbuntu, so I'm guessing mine's out of
> date.

I know nothing about mythbuntu but I'm guessing it is using the 0.20.2
fixes branch version of Myth so you cannot use the additional flag to
the -s  parameter  it's only available in later versions. There is no
way to check whether there are any recordings taking place in that
version using mythshutdown.

> And what about setting a wakeup time? Is there a way to query
> mythbackend for the next sheduled recording, or even better, to invoke
> the idle shutdown logic? Tino's method should work, but seems like a
> bit of a hack.

Not in 0.20.2. In the trunk version there is an new option to set the
next wakeup time using the time of the next scheduled recording and also
an option to perform a safe shutdown that checks it's safe to shutdown
then sets the next wakeup time using the time of the next recording and
finally shuts the computer down.

In a normal setup using MythWelcome/MythShutdown you don't need these
new options it's only when you try to get clever and bypass mythshutdown
using additional scripts that they come useful.

> Cheers,
>
> vik

Paul H.