[mythtv-users] IR failed

Anil Gupte anil-list at icinema.com
Thu Oct 25 08:22:57 UTC 2007

Sorry, I have been away and so I could not get at the system.

It is not a hardware problem IMHO, because when I use the PVR-350 card in
another system, it works fine.  On the problem system I tried different cards,
different remotes, different IR receivers etc.  They all work on one system but
not on the Silverstone.  I have not upgraded the software and it was working
fine, and then stopped working.  I reinstalled from an image of the original
system too.

Now, the only ting I can think of and this is way, way out there, but really it
is the only thing, is this....

The Silverstone has a riser card because the card des not fit vertically - in
fact this is the only way to get an card into that system.  I am thinking that
riser card is eating some voltage.  Since the PVR-350 is working fine otherwise,
it must be that increased impedance on the riser card is killing the relatively
low voltage output of the PVR-350's IR input.  However, it was working before so
the theory has some failings, but I can't think of anything else.

What do you think?
Anil Gupte
www.keeninc.net
www.icinema.com