[mythtv-users] My whole house setup

Bill Williamson bill at bbqninja.com
Wed Oct 24 22:55:05 UTC 2007

On 10/25/07, Jay R. Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 24, 2007 at 09:58:36AM +1000, Bill Williamson wrote:
> > Where did you buy this harddrive, and where can I get one?
> >
> > Did you have a 6-drive raid-0 system with a custom written IO layer?
>
> He does.  Did you not see his site?  3 SAN servers with close to 10TB
> spinning.

I was talking about the guy who claimed he fed 6 frontends with 3
livetv streams all of of 1 2.8ghz p4 backend (the same person you
replied to, "Josh"), not about the thread starter.

He'd quoted:
" I've done that myself on my SD system with a $99, 100mbit netgear
wireless router and a $25 linksys switch, serving 3 desktop -ish
machines, and 3 wirelss laptops acting as the rest of the front ends.
This all coming from 1 backend (a 2.8ghz, 400mhz fsb P4 and
512mb/ram).  It was displaying live tv on 3 of the front ends (from
the three tuners in the only backend server), and the other three were
watching recorded tv shows.  It wasn't transcoding, but it was
commercial flagging the three live tv shows"