[mythtv-users] Suspend to RAM -- Which MB to buy?

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 21:00:15 UTC 2007

> Paul / Group,
>
> Can you enlighten me on what "support wake from S3 using USB" means... I'm
> extremely intriuged by how you were able to get your front end to sleep and
> wake using an MCE remote.

I have Antec Fusion case with a built in iMon usb receiver. I also
have a MCE remote (from a pvr500 package) which is able to turn on
mythbox if it is shutdown (S5) or in suspend mode (S3, S4). This
receiver is connected to my power supply, an USB port and to a
motherboard on the pins which are usually used for PWR Button.

I also got with this MCE remote an USB receiver (but I do not use it
because of built-in iMon receiver). I think it could also wake up my
mythbox, if I would activate wake on usb (cat /proc/acpi/wakeup). I
know that I read that it does not work for all and it is probably
depending on bios/motherboard. but there were some people who had
success with an MCE remote and an USB IR receiver. Search
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/ for wake on usb or
wake on lirc or wake with remote...

M.