[mythtv-users] PVR-150 IR receiver extension?

Meatwad meatwad.get.the.honeys at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 17:52:03 UTC 2007

Glen Sagers wrote:

> Might want to stop by your local Radio Shack/Frys/other electronics store and
> pick up some heat-shrink tubing - just be sure to get a really small size
> (1/8" or less) and a medium size (say approx 1/4-3/8 inch).  It makes your
> insulation much neater, more compact, and easier than electrical tape.

Always a good idea to use a shrink wrap when you know the work has been
tested and is final. I simply choose friction tape because a) this type
of splice is always hidden from view, b) the mess is much quicker to
undo and c) the client will change his/her mind usually thirty minutes
after you finish and then again a year later when his/her SO decides to
redecorate. Rinse and repeat.

I've finally been able to get away for a day and reassembled the studio
to cook up some very overdue wiki food. The family room plasma will be
getting a permanent frontend one of these days and the machine will most
likely end up under the stairs. I'll run the IR today using a PVR-350
receiver, two unused pairs of an existing telco run, RJ45 connector,
RJ45 keystone jack, and some punchdown/soldering tools.

--
mw