[mythtv-users] My whole house setup

Jeffery Swan scientist at engineer.com
Wed Oct 24 15:14:13 UTC 2007

 Gene,

Your points are all very good. My electric bill each month is in excess
of $300.00 (and all appliances are gas) but I do have a large family. As
for power consumption, I have been working on an external power supply
for the entire server room. So far it looks promising but the jury is
still out. Additionally, for about two years now, I have been SLOWLY
($$$) adding solar power to my house. The first change was the water
(well) pump and the change was quite impressive. Currently I am working
on moving all computer power to solar (thus the single power unit in the
server room).

As for consolodating backends, I have tried a few times but not been
satisfied with th results so, at least for now, this is my setup.

As always, I appreciate your input, keep it coming!