[mythtv-users] ZFS - what's the scoop?

Craig Courtney craig at dawnsedge.com
Wed Oct 24 13:50:53 UTC 2007

On 10/24/07, Brian Guilfoos <mythtv at guilfoos.com> wrote:

> For Peter: it doesn't hurt to try XFS.  I was able to move to ext3 after
> my problems without losing any data because I hadn't filled the array
> beyond the capacity of a single drive on another computer on my LAN yet.
> When I wasn't having kernel panics, XFS was all kinds of peachy
> performance-wise.

Yea... when I converted from Fedora to Cent I had to push WAF buy buying
extra drives so as to not loose the 400 gigs of programming she had
accumulated.  XFS has one big down side which is you can't reduce the
filessytem size.  Which doesn't seem like a problem till you need to
reconfigure something and have to had more disk space to do it even though
you have 90% of your raid empty of data.

Craig