[mythtv-users] Automating the Video Manager

Ryan Steffes rbsteffes at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 13:13:54 UTC 2007

On 10/24/07, Jeremy Green <jaggroups at brownout.com> wrote:
> I seem to remember that the current svn version can show all of the
> videos even if they haven't been scanned yet.  It was a new option
> that I noticed while perusing the settings after upgrading the other
> day...
>
>                                 -Jeremy
>

> On Oct 24, 2007, at 8:00 AM, William Kenworthy wrote:
>

> > On Wed, 2007-10-24 at 19:55 +0900, Dave M G wrote:
> >> MythTV Users,
> >>
> >> This is an issue that would increase the WAF (or, in this case,
> >> GAF) of
> >> my current system.
> >>
> >> Video files come and go off my system, often enough that going to
> >> Main
> >> Menu->Setup->Utilities->Video Manager and back to Main Menu->Media
> >> Library->Watch Videos all the time is kind of a pain.
> >>

> > I second this - the current method is a pain!  Is there a place where
> > requests for enhancements can be filed?
> >
> > BillK

Several method to accomplish this.  The one I use is simply setting
the filters to show everything and use gallery mode to browse.

Another method is to use the fairly cool imbd bulk updater script.  (
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/291872?search_string=imdb%20bulk%20update;#291872
)