[mythtv-users] best practices for recording scheduling

Mark A. O'Neil mark.a.oneil at Dartmouth.EDU
Wed Oct 24 13:08:14 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have noticed that recordings, mostly on the CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX etc
have either been truncating the last few minutes - with the
frustrating result of missing the ending of the show...It inhales
greatly when the family misses the end of a 'Heros' episode!

I am guessing that this is due to erratic (actual 'real' times vs the
guide) scheduling on the part of the networks in question.

Short of recording +/-5 minutes and the like is there another tactic?
The problem I have with simply recording longer is that often this
will result in overlap of recording on my three tuners, maintenance
of network specific recording configurations, etc, thus creating
another set of problems....

I do use MythWeb for setting up recording schedules - could this be
the problem (it has not in the past eg. v 0.19 - currently 0.20.x on
Ubuntu)?

Perhaps I am missing something trivial in my configuration - using
defaults for most everything that I can think of while here at work.

thanks,
-m