[mythtv-users] Question about MCE remote keys (TV Power)

Brian Phillips brian.phillips at gmx.net
Wed Oct 24 04:49:07 UTC 2007

I have lirc set up and running and I'm now tuning it to my needs.

I have a MCE usb2 remote that just arrived in the mail.

I want it so that when I turn the television off (the myth frontend always
runs) it automatically jumps to the main menu and stops recording livetv.
Just like this:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/216469?search_string=lirc
rc%20tv%20power;#216469

I'm looking at the easy solution (the F8 keypress in lircrc).  I run irw and
find that the TV Power button doesn't register with irw...is there a way I
can get this button to register?  Has someone done it?  I know the ir
blaster is receiving it, because there's a little red light on it, but
nothing comes through to the console.