[mythtv-users] new mac remote frontend

Tim Litwiller timlitw at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 00:54:03 UTC 2007

> I hesitated to post before as I'm running 20.2, not svn.  However, it
> seems clear to me that the problem is in accessing the file.  Is the machine
> 192.168.36.60 your backend?  Are you sure there are no typos in the setup
> for storage directories?
>
> Is your new frontend on the same network segment as the one that works?
> Static IP address for the backend?  I have set up a "Custom identifier" for
> my front end machine (MythFrontend->Setup->General->Database configuration
> 2/2).  I'd like to understand better when and why this setting should be
> used, but it seems it can't hurt.
>
> Some things to try...
>
> Craig

I hope you meant 192.168.3.60  because if you see 192.168.36.60 somewhere in
those logs then that is indeed the problem.  The backend is 192.168.3.60

ls /storage/recording on the mac shows the files,  I guess, I'll have to try
upgrading the backend  to the lastest svn again, and then build the latest
svn on the mac and see where we get from there.  :)