[mythtv-users] Choppy action scenes

lanas lanas at securenet.net
Tue Oct 23 23:55:57 UTC 2007

On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 18:02:19 -0400,
Rod Smith <mythtv at rodsbooks.com> wrote :

> How fast is your CPU?

2.4 GHz.  So that should be plenty.

> Also, was the computer doing anything else while the recording was
> being made?

Nope.  This is a dedicated machine sitting by the TV.  And it was not
processing a previous recording or anything else.  It has no
outside network connection so far.  It's still at an early stage.

> It's conceivable that the video is missing data because
> of heavy CPU use or bus load during the recording. If this is the
> case, you should see choppiness in precisely the same spots every
> time you play the video, even if you play it on another computer.

Good idea.  I will try this as soon as I can configure a Linksys
wireless interface (ndiswrapper) on this MythDora box.

Al