[mythtv-users] mass deleting shows?

Ryan Steffes rbsteffes at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 17:57:20 UTC 2007

On 10/22/07, Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:
> On Oct 22, 2007, at 9:28 AM, Marc MERLIN wrote:
>
> > I realize that on average, one does not need to delete shows and
> > just lets them
> > auto-expire, but let's say that:
> > 1) you need to reduce your disk space and select after the fact
> > what you
> >    want to be deleted
> > 2) you recorded a show by mistake and want to delete 10 episodes of it
> > 3) let's say that after the fact I realize that all my recordings
> > of the
> >    daily show before last week were bad, and I just want to
> > manually clear
> >    them.
> > 4) or I've seen every simpsons episode and now want to, after the
> > fact,
> >    delete all my simpsons recordings.
> >
> > With my tivo and the tivoweb interface, I can go in the recording
> > list, put
> > checkboxes in front of what I want to delete and say "delete all".
> > With mythfrontend and mythweb, I haven't found any way to delete
> > that isn't
> > episode after episode (way too long)
> >
> > Any clues I'm missing?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Marc
>
> Add the shows you want to delete to a playlist and delete all of them
> with 1 delete command. The hint here is that you can add all of the
> programs in a group to a playlist by selecting the group on the left
> of the Watch Recordings screen (hit M(enu) then Add This Group to
> Playlist). Then M(enu) again and choose Playlist Options. Delete on
> the bottom will delete everything in your playlist.
>
> If recordings for something like The Daily Show build up I add the
> whole group to a playlist, then remove from the playlist the last
> couple and then delete the rest. I don't typically delete programs
> from mythweb so I don't know if there's something similar there.
>
> -Brad

For some reason, I occasionally get crashes on the backend when I try
to rapidly delete one show after another.  I've found a nifty work
around to delete at entire series of shows though is to set the
recording schedule to a maximum of 1 and check the delete old record
new box.  The next time the maintenance thread runs it'll wipe out the
extras, and then I just set it not to record any more and delete the
last one.