[mythtv-users] PVR-150 IR receiver extension?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Oct 23 17:24:17 UTC 2007

On 10/23/2007 12:44 PM, Mark Boyum wrote:
> With the help of this mailing list I have turned an old Athlon 1400
> based system into a MythTV machine that my wife brags about.  Last
> night I finally configured lirc to use the remote included with my
> pvr-150.  It was actually pretty easy thanks to the Ubuntu guides.  I
> have, however, hit a snag.  Since my BE/FE combo is a loud old thing,
> it is located in the utility room beneath our television.  The
> included cable for the IR receiver is not very long and doesn't come
> close to making the trip through the floor into the entertainment system.

I'm a huge supporter of getting Myth boxes out of the viewing room.
After all, it's the show you want to see, not the box.  :)

> Does anyone know if an extension cable that would work with this
> device?  I attempted a simple headphone style extension cable, but
> that does not work.  Apparently the connections are slightly different.

Never tried it, but this might work, instead of extending the existing.

http://www.irblaster.info/hauppauge_ir.html

It even gives you the specs for making your own if you'd rather do that
than buy the one he makes (or you need something other than 72" and
don't feel like asking if he could make it for you :).

Mike (not the one on the web page, though)