[mythtv-users] [semi OT] using Dish 500 and DVB-S card for FTA in USA?

Victor Perez spectro at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 16:53:06 UTC 2007

Hello, I just cancelled my dish network's subscription after 8 years
since they removed the only channel I was paying them for (TVNI from
Chile). I just checked lyngsat and saw a few FTA channels from Chile
available FTA and I am thinking on pointing my dish 500 to these and
hook up a DVB-S card to see if I can get them.

Just want to know if anybody else here in USA is using Dish 500's
antenna hooked to a DVB-S card in their myth setup or should I buy a
BUD?