[mythtv-users] OpenSuSE 10.2 -> 10.3 = black screen

Josh Trutwin josh at trutwins.homeip.net
Tue Oct 23 04:58:56 UTC 2007

On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 10:51:36 -0700
Ben Kevan <ben.kevan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Have you recompiled the nvidia drivers to the new kernel? What
> version of the driver are you running?
>
> Also, what does the output of:
>
>  cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf | grep glx
>
> Give you? Do you have GLX loading?

I have the legacy nvidia drivers (from SuSE's rpm repository)

> rpm -qa | grep nvidia
x11-video-nvidia-1.0.9639-0.1
nvidia-gfx-kmp-bigsmp-1.0.9639_2.6.22.5_30-0.1

> grep glx /etc/X11/xorg.conf
#  Load         "glx"

Rebooted just to be sure.

Anyway, I found the mystic setting I needed to disable with more
googling, after turning off: "Enable OpenGL vertical sync
for timing" in tv playback options livetv is back, though slower and
choppier than I remember.

Josh