[mythtv-users] Tuner 2 [ DVB : 0 ] is unavailable

Scott Minneman sminneman at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 03:21:25 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I added a new pcHDTV-5500 to my setup tonight, as the first tuner in a
slave backend.  I now have one analog tuner in my master backend, and
the one DVB tuner in the slave backend (plus a frontend with no
tuners).

The problem is, the DVB tuner apparently isn't registering with the
system.  I added the card through mythtv-setup, but when I go into any
frontend, it says "Tuner 2 [ DVB : 0 ] is unavailable".  Sure enough,
it won't play LiveTV from that tuner.

The tuner also doesn't show up at all in mythweb.

I know the card works, I can use getatsc to save a recording as an
mpeg file, which plays perfectly.

mythbackend.log on that system reports:  AutoExpire: Found 1 recorders
w/max rate of 138 MiB/min

After I start the slave backend, mythbackend.log on the master backend
reports:  AutoExpire: Found 1 recorders w/max rate of 72 MiB/min.
This is the same as the master backend says when it alone is running,
which tells me that Tuner 2's existence is not being made known to the
master backend.

mythbackend.log on the slave backend also reports, but I don't think
it's related:

2007-10-22 23:14:07.315 AutoExpire: ERROR when trying to autoexpire
file: /video/recordings_local/2021_20071022213714.mpg. File doesn't
exist.  Database metadata will not be removed.

Any clues?

Thanks,
--Scott