[mythtv-users] Not getting all channels!

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Tue Oct 23 03:07:53 UTC 2007

Marc wrote:
> Usually not.. The encrypted channels are usually encrypted over the firewire
> port too.

I'm still pulling my hair out over this.  I'm only getting 50 of my 320
channels to be tuned.  I ran the scan utility that was included with the
dvb-apps tools, and used the US-Cable-Standard-center-frequencies-QAM256
file with it.  I put the output into the attached file.  It is very
similar to the output shown at
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Working_QAM_cable_layout, but my
area isn't listed.  Can I assume from the output that I'm getting all
channels, and that I have to tweak Myth to know about them based on the
scanned values (rather than the current "17#0", etc.)?

Thanks,
Harry